The Upper Canada Minor Hockey League is governed by District 1. District 1 consists of the Associations of North Leeds, Athens, Brockville, Smith Falls, Kemptville, South Grenville, South Dundas, North Dundas and the RSL Kings Association. All Associations of District 1 except for the RSL Kings play in the Upper Canada Minor Hockey League. Upper Canada Minor Hockey League also entertain Perth and teams from District 2 as guests in their League.
Game play is offered at the following levels:
- Novice B & C House. There is no body checking at the Novice level.
- Atom B & C House and Rep B. There is no body checking at the Atom level.
- Peewee B & C House and Rep B. There is no body checking at the Peewee level.
- Bantam B & C House and Rep B. Rep B plays body checking. B & C House is non-checking.
- Midget, Minor, Major, B House. Minor & Major midget play body checking. House does not have body checking.
The Mandate of Upper Canada Minor Hockey is to work towards the development and improvement of minor hockey. To provide a healthy form of recreation for youth through participation in organized hockey at a level of competition best suited to the individual players' capabilities and interest; to develop and encourage sportsmanship among all participants, officials, spectators and players alike, for the betterment of their social, physical and mental well being.
Upper Canada Minor Hockey League strives to make the game a positive experience for players and parents. We hope you have a rewarding hockey season.
- Important Dates for the 2014–2015 Season
- October 7, 2014 – First day of regular season Play
- February 15, 2015 – Last date of Regular Season Play
- December 23, 2014 through January 1, 2015 (inclusive) – Christmas Break
- February 17, 2015 – First day of Playoffs